Minnesota!
I haven't been to Minnesota in over 15 years to visit my mom's side of the family. William and I went with my mom and spent 10 glorious days. I had such a lovely time spending time with my cousins and aunts and, as my sister Kelly put it, "seeing where my mannerisms come from!" Even though I've only met most of these family members three times in my life, I felt right at home. I now know why my mom discourages us kids from moving far away from family. I was sad on the last Sunday night we were there when we had a huge family get together thinking that something like this would happen on a regular basis if only we lived closer! My mom has a wonderful family and I hope to stay in close contact with them. They're all so generous and happy like my mom.
My mom's best friend from high school, Brenda, with her lovely daughters Brianna and Bridget and grandkids.
Believe it or not my first cousins are the middle aged women in the picture and the younger kids/teenagers are in William's generation. My mom is the second youngest of fourteen children so my aunts and cousins are much older than me.
This is my Aunt Johanne's farm. I remember the rainbow when I was little. We loved playing on the farm as kids. Unfortunately there was a down pour when we were there so we couldn't walk around.
Lana, Craig, Kelly and Christian spent the first 5 days with us. Here we are at the annual family picnic.
My cute aunts. Back L to R: Aunt Diane, Mom, Aunt Judy
Front L to R: Aunt Johanne, Great Aunt Helen, Aunt Pauline, Aunt Char
Missing: Aunt Shirley, Aunt Betty, Aunt Katherine, Aunt Jerry (deceased), Aunt Jackie (deceased)
When we lived in California we lived an hour from our cousin Bob and his daughters Jena and Lacy who were close in age to us so whenever someone asks about cousins we immediately think of Jena and Lacy. We got to meet up with Lacy at Subway while we were there. It was just like old times! Lots of loud talking and laughing!
Goodbye Minnesota! Stay green and beautiful!
Although I dreaded returning to reality and leaving vacation behind, it was soooo nice to reunite with Isaac again! We missed you Daddy!
Front L to R: Aunt Johanne, Great Aunt Helen, Aunt Pauline, Aunt Char
Missing: Aunt Shirley, Aunt Betty, Aunt Katherine, Aunt Jerry (deceased), Aunt Jackie (deceased)
Comments