Day Out With Thomas

Lately Thomas the Train has been the latest obsession. No more Elmo for Will. It's now "Thomas" or "Light Queen" (Lightning McQueen). A few months ago I checked out a Thomas the Train DVD at the library to see how he'd like it and ever since then that's what he searches for at the library. He also says "Sodor" (Island of Sodor) "Emily" "Gordon" and "Percy." When he sees Thomas he says "Choo choo!" and sounds just like a German because he can't make the "ch" sound yet.

When I found out Thomas the Train was coming to Heber Valley I ordered tickets. I was a bit skeptical at first, but my friend told me she took her little boy and he loved it. I don't know who was more excited when we got there--me or Will. I felt like a giddy kid when I announced we were going to the Island of Sodor. It really did seem like we were going to Sodor because of the lakes and rivers and all the green fields along the way to Heber!

Before the big ride on Thomas we played at the booths with the train sets, ate lunch, and watched a magic show. Then it was time to ride Thomas!! They had the theme music playing through the intercom and all the kids were so excited. It was a 20 minute ride through the neighborhood--perfect for Will. His favorite part was when the train would blow its whistle.

I'm happy we got to do something fun together the day before the big trip to Minnesota.

Loving the train ride

Excited Mom and Will on the train

Our own picture in front of Thomas saved us 30 bucks.

Elaborate train sets to play with in the Imagination Station


Comments

Lisa B. said…
In your header picture, does Will have a panty on his head?

Also: this sounds like so much fun. I love how thrilled little ones get about things like this.
Devin and Becky said…
yep we've been through the thomas and mcqueen stage and sad to say we still are!!! such a fun age.
Amelia said…
WE've been through the Thomas stage.. Thomas is great!

Popular posts from this blog

Bickmore Buzz June-October 24, 2021

William Steven Bickmore

Happy Birthday!