Dad's Memorial Service
The memorial services on Monday, Feb. 4, 2010 turned out beautifully. Because my Dad wanted to be cremated and we didn't have his body to view, we decided to focus on his life and celebrate it. My mom and Kelly put together display tables with items that gave those in attendance some insight into the kind of person my Dad was.
The metal baseball bat was our family's protection. Who needs a gun when you have a strong dad and a bat, right?
Shaving cream: Dad shaved every morning and I remember when I was little and I'd watch him shave he would say "Ho ho ho! Merry Christmas little girl! What do you want Santa to bring you?"
The Raptors baseball hat represents our family's tradition of attending at least one Ogden Raptors game each summer the past 10 years.
The green dumbbells were always on the floor in Dad's room. He used those recently when he couldn't lift real heavy things. In fact, that's how he broke his hip--by lifting the weights and losing his balance!
Comments