Happy Thanksgiving!
This year for Thanksgiving we went to my parents' house in Roy. The dinner guests were us, my brother's family, and my parents so there was plenty of food to go around. I baked two pumpkin pies--crust and all-- which is really good for me seeming how I don't bake very often. My dad was in a lot of pain from a fall he had two weeks ago so we wheeled him out in the wheelchair. Later the grandkids piled on and took a ride on it! It was a very relaxing Thanksgiving. I'm so grateful for my family--Garrett's and Bickmore's! I can't imagine living life without them. I'm especially grateful for my husband and son.


Update on Grandpa Garrett: His fall actually resulted in a broken hip! We had no idea and he was hobbling around for two weeks with it broken. I wince when I think about it. The day after Thanksgiving, he became immoblie so my mom took him to the VA ER yesterday. After some x-rays they discovered the broken hip and scheduled surgery for today at 2:00. He'll be in the hospital for a week and then transported to a care facility where he will undergo rehab for two weeks. The nice thing is that the VA hospital is right by Isaac's work and since Isaac's car died and I have to drive Isaac to work, I can stop by and visit my Dad. We hope and pray he'll be home by Christmas!
We love you Dad/Grandpa!
We love you Dad/Grandpa!
Comments