My #1 Fan

I have a new fan! This person loooooooves me. He loves me so much he cries if I leave the room, whines when I set him down, and holds onto my neck like a koala bear. Yes, this person is William. Last week I had my first summer course. It is usually a 15 week course, but in order to accommodate year round teaching schedules it was compacted into 4 days. That meant that I was gone from 8 AM to 6 PM last week M-Th. The other times I've had class, I'd come home and it was like William had no idea I was gone. Well this time around as soon as I walked in the door his face lit up, he started bouncing up and down and squeezed me so tight around the neck I thought he'd never let go. It was sweet for about a day. Now it's kind of annoying. Even when Isaac is holding him, as soon as he sees me he wants ME. I keep telling myself that someday he won't want me so enjoy this time, but it is pretty hard and I'm only on day three. I've heard this stage can last for as little as a month or as long as a couple of years.

The upside is that he is getting fast at his army crawl so now I just encourage him to come to me instead of me going to him and picking him up. Is it wrong that I find it entertaining to see this crying baby boy working his hardest to get to me while I patiently wait and cheer him on? The joys of motherhood. Love it.

Comments

Lisa B. said…
Poor tiny William, but hurray for an efficacious army crawl! I hope your class went well.
Sophia said…
I love that stage! But do enjoy it cause he can switch to Daddy overnight!
Megann said…
I know how you feel except Marley has done it more since school got out. It is one of the joys..
Andrea said…
Amelia is a total Mommy's girl. It is endearing, but definitely tiring at times (in the middle of the night when she wants me to rock her endlessly instead of sleeping in her crib), but it won't last long, so I'm trying to enjoy it while I can.
ABick said…
that is really precious! enjoy it lesley!! :D and no it isn't wrong to enjoy it.. haha how else will they learn??

Popular posts from this blog

Bickmore Buzz June-October 24, 2021

William Steven Bickmore

Happy Birthday!