Summer Fun Extravaganza

Isaac had a teaching conference at the Cliff Lodge in Snowbird all last week. It was very refreshing to be in the mountains and have someone else make the bed everyday. We took the tram ride (I had no idea I had the guts to ride in a mechanism hanging by a cable at an elevation of 11,000 feet), had some fine dining, and watched a large amount of television. I'll never forget the breaking news of MJ's death during Oprah! It was funny that TV was a luxury for us. I was reminded of how much I despise local news and commercials, and how thankful I am we don't invest in cable. Will and I hung out during the day at the swimming pool. Grandma brought cousin Deacon one day to swim. It was very fun.
Will's ready for a dip in the pool!


Here's his first time swimming. I couldn't get over how adorable he looked in his swim gear. I can't wait to go again!

After Snowbird we babysat Deacon for about five days. Aunt Sophie left matching pajamas for the boys. What cute cousins!

We had plenty of fun with the two boys. We took Deacon to the fountains at Gateway. He LOVED it. Other adventures included: the aquarium, McDonald's, Sugarhouse Park, Hidden Hollow, popcorn and a movie, and a gazillion stroller rides by Deacon's request. He loved riding backwards in our sit 'n stand. Other fun summer activities we've done are:

Watching "Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory" at the local park with some friends. I love that our city does movies in the park once a month for some great, free fun.
Isaac and Rob playing "I'll look After You" by The Fray at a friend's wedding. It was William's first time at a ceremony and he was very well behaved.
Watching the jump rope team at the local library. I love the events the library puts on.
Here's William admiring the fish at the Living Planet Aquarium. An annual pass is only $16 for adults. Amazing deal! Kids 3 and under are free. We loving going to the aquarium at least once a week because it's indoors, fitting for Will's age, and a fun thing to do in an hour or less.
Wow.
Roasting marshmallows with dad on Aunt Lana and Uncle Craig's outdoor firepit.

Isaac and I saw "Angels and Demons" while Cousin Diane babysat William.
We went on a hike to Donut Falls with Uncle Mitch.
We went to Isaac's 10 year class reunion. Go Miners!
Will had his latest photo shoot last week. Can't wait to post those when we get them.

Future Summer Fun:
A couple of days at the family cabin at Island Park
Camping with Aunt Lana and Uncle Craig
Lots of swimming!

Comments

Lisa B. said…
You guys HAVE had a lot of fun! Thank for the cute pics of everything--love the one of Isaac and Rob performing. I'll bet Will was very well-behaved. Such a good good boy! And it was so much fun coming up to swim with you two. Summer is excellent.
Amelia said…
Very fun times. You keep that baby busy!
Also: GO JAGUARS not MINERS! They were our rivals!

Love you!
ABick said…
oh my gosh!!! i'm so in love with my nephews!!! so so cute!! one more month!!
Sophia said…
Those are the cutest cousins ever! And Deacon must have had fun he keeps asking for "Wool" or Will.
DiaNe said…
ok, this summer has been awesome for you guys! I'm so glad I get to be close by to watch baby Will grow up. He is cute whatever he does.

Popular posts from this blog

Bickmore Buzz June-October 24, 2021

William Steven Bickmore

Happy Birthday!