Happy Birthday Mom!

Happy Birthday Mom! The three words that I think best describe you are: FAITH, HOPE, and CHARITY.
First, faith. In my life I have learned how to overcome hardships from your example. When experiencing your own tribulations, you share the words from the serenity prayer, "God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference" or "Trust in the Lord with all thine heart and lean not unto thine own understanding, but acknowledge Him in all thy ways and He shall direct thy paths." You've always had faith that Heavenly Father will help you no matter what. The greatest thing is that He has. It seems most of your sentences begin with "I have the faith that..." I hope to have your faith someday.

Next, hope. Whenever I envision a hopeful person, your countenance enters my mind. You radiate hope and uplift those around you. You see the good in everything and encourage others to do the same. Throughout my life I've heard comments like " I love your mom! She's so happy." Once in a while someone will say "You are just like your mom." I can't help but swell with pride inside at the thought that may be true.

Charity. You are truly the least selfish person I know. You always put others first. The greatest example is these past several months caring for your ill husband, my dad. You've sacrificed so much to put his needs first. I can't think of a greater witness of the love you hold for dad. I appreciate the little things you do for me. Every time I go to Roy I come home with some sort of care package with goodies, food, and occasional gifts for me, Isaac, and Will. You're always asking what I need, ready to help in any way you can. I love you Mom! I hope you have a happy birthday week.

Comments

Laura said…
Happy Birthday Barbra! I agree with everything Lesley has said, you are an amazing person and Mother to your children! You are always so positive and have a smile on your face. You have definitely been a positive influence in my life. Thank you!
Lisa B. said…
Happy birthday to Barbara! You are a bright happy presence wherever you go--so glad to know you, and I see a testament of your excellent mothering in your wonderful daughter.
Trish said…
WOW! What an awesome post about your mother. I teared up! You and your siblings are lucky to have such a great mom like her. I don't know if you have heard this quote, but I think it is perfect for you: "All that I AM or HOPE TO BE, I owe to my angel mother!" Lesley, you are an amazing person, friend, daughter, mother and wife! You are blessed to have such amazing example like your mother in your life! I definitely feel blessed to know you and have felt the influence of your mother in my life too. I just love how she is always soooo positive and always makes you feel so loved and important when you are around her. What a special tribute! Happy Birthday Barb!

Popular posts from this blog

Bickmore Buzz June-October 24, 2021

William Steven Bickmore

Happy Birthday!