Nanny Goats, One, Two, and Three

Tuesday I had the opportunity to accompany the production of "The Three Nanny Goats Gruff." It's an operetta that is the feminist version of The Three Billy Goats Gruff. I did it with my first graders last year and Isaac did it with his second graders this year. Isaac, the bestestest music teacher, incorporated an "orfestra." It was fun to hear the tap of the drum as the rabbit family bounced across the stage, the xylophone as the butterfly family floated across, and the rhythm sticks when the goats tripped trapped across the bridge. I beamed with pride when the second grade teacher recognized Isaac saying "We want to thank our music teacher who is in his first year of teaching and has done an incredible job!" I second that! You've handled your first year of teaching so well among all the other happenings in your life--new baby, finishing your masters degree, three callings, etc. I love you! Congratulations on almost completing the first year of your teaching career.

Comments

ABick said…
yes. congrats brother dearest! i'm super proud of you and all that goes with you! :D you truly rock.
yay!
love all of you! :D
Amelia said…
Congratulations Isaac, we are really proud of you.
BTW Lesley, I love that picture of you and will together. Beautiful.
Lisa B. said…
Kids, you are both impressive. The Nanny Goats was wonderful and, I have to say, quite a show. Everything clicked! The Orfestra was particularly splendid. I hope the video turned out--I had a fun time taping and holding Will, who very much enjoyed the show.
Sophia said…
Deacon and I loved it! It was short sweet and perfect!
The Smith crew said…
Darn, sounds like I should have been there! Cami and Kerstyn loovveed it! Way to go!

Popular posts from this blog

Bickmore Buzz June-October 24, 2021

William Steven Bickmore

Happy Birthday!