Who Cares?

I am grateful for truly caring people. I feel indebted to some colleagues of mine who literally saved my classroom recently before it entered pure chaos. One of them spent hours after school this week to scrub my classroom and pack up my things before the next teacher came on track.

I am thankful for Norma and Julia, the sweet NICU nurses that treated Will like he was their own. I don't think he would have come home when he did had it not been for them. I'm grateful for Stephanie, the lactation consultant that clocked out at 5:00 pm but still made the time to meet with me an hour later.

I'm thankful to the cashier at the local Smith's who remembers everything exciting about my personal life and takes the time to inquire about it.

It's comforting to know there are people out there that CARE. Too often I hear about the horrible ways people treat each other. Then I have the opportunity to meet and associate with people like the above mentioned and I realize people around us are pretty great.

I remember listening to a radio show about people that go above and beyond their listed duties. They suggested we take the time to thank those people. I am going to follow through and make sure these people know their efforts don't go unnoticed.

Comments

ABick said…
i truly agree with you. people who genuinely care are amazing people. there need to be more people like them out there...
Betsey said…
Congratulations on your new ADORABLE baby Will!! I am so happy to find your blog!! I am going to add you to our list :). Love Betsey
Tara said…
It has been over a week since you have posted new picks of Will...I'm starting to go through withdrawls!

Popular posts from this blog

Bickmore Buzz June-October 24, 2021

William Steven Bickmore

Happy Birthday!