the new house elf

When I was a young tyke growing up in the Bickmore home I used to do chores for my siblings or my parents on the sly. I would leave little notes on their raggedly folded laundry or lightly cleaned toilet signed by the house elf. You might think I am just stealing this idea from Harry Potter but my siblings will back me up on this I predate J.K. on this one. My mom will say that it was sweet, and Sophia will say that it was creepy, but I say it was just creativity put to good use. It didn't help that I had pointy ears, curly hair, and almond eyes. I still enjoy doing a secret act of kindness every now and then but the house elf hasn't received credit for any of them since the third grade. But it looks like the house elf is back in the Bickmore house. Look at this picture. Check out those ears. 
So if you find your socks all folded and set at the end of your bed or your bed made really badly, it wasn't me it was the new house elf. 
(I know I am a dork but this is what being a father does to a person.) 
(I can't wait for our christmas card.)

Comments

Lisa B. said…
Oh my goodness. That little cap has been hiding Will's true identity.
DiaNe said…
House elf? Isaac, that was so sweet! I can see you doing it, too. I want a Christmas card!
Amelia said…
We need a house elf here... Miriam wanted to know tonight if she could still pray for Will... just to keep him safe.. Sweet!
ABick said…
i've been waiting for the house elf reference!!! haha i wish i was old enough to have remembered the house elf of yours, but the stories will suffice for life! :D your new little house elf is getting more and more adorable!!
Isaac said…
Tell Miriam she can always pray to keep Will safe and that we will pray to keep her and Evie safe. So sweet.

Popular posts from this blog

Bickmore Buzz June-October 24, 2021

William Steven Bickmore

Happy Birthday!