Fall Recipes

Sophie started a great tag about favorite fall recipes.  I absolutely love soup in a bread bowl in the fall.  My favorite soup to make is broccoli cheese.  I buy the bread bowls, but of course if you want to take the time, homemade are the best.  
Here's the recipe for the soup:

1 qt. of water
2 large chicken bouillon cubes
2 heads of broccoli
1/3 c of margarine (I use vegetable oil because I hate butter and margarine :))
1/3 c. of flour
1 1/2 c. loose grated cheese

Put water and bouillon cubes in large pan and bring to boil.  Cut broccoli into bite size pieces (heads only); add to water and cook until tender.  Melt margarine; add flour.  Stir until smooth.  Add this to first mixture and stir until thickened.  Add cheese and stir in once it looks soft and melty.  

IT'S SO EASY!  ENJOY!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bickmore Buzz June-October 24, 2021

William Steven Bickmore

Happy Birthday!