Bickmore Buzz--February 21, 2021

 Hi family and friends!

Here's what's been going on in Warrensburg, Missouri!

We started the month with the Chiefs in the Super Bowl (again!), but alas they couldn't get past the Bucs defense. The good news is Mahomes is young and I really hope he can beat Tom Brady's record of most Super Bowl wins someday!

This town really rallies around their teams! We had a spirit week at school leading up to the Super Bowl. On game day, we watched the game with the Sentgeorge's. 


Isaac finished the bathroom by Valentine's Day! We love it so much! We just need to install a new mirror since the old one is too tall now and some knobs on the vanity. Here are some pics to show the process.

This is the reason this whole project began in the first place! The subfloor around the toilet had rotted out. Isaac built a new subfloor around the toilet, then removed the linoleum and installed the new floor.
    

  

The final product!!

If you don't own a bidet, I highly recommend it! You can get one off of Amazon or your local hardware store! Yes, you can still use toilet paper--you just don't need as much after a spray with the bidet! LOL

We survived our first arctic blast! The wind chill was in the double subzero digits for a few days. School was canceled and we hunkered down and cozied up. My heart goes out to Texans who have suffered so much the past week. We are so thankful we had a working furnace and running water. I CANNOT imagine being without those essentials in this weather, or ever for that matter!

Van hasn't read Harry Potter yet and neither have I (gasp!) so we finished book one last week. I had so much fun reading it aloud. We read chapter one of book two last night! We may finish the entire series by summer!



Can you see the deer? They're so much easier to spot in the winter time. They spark so much joy when I see them!


On Thursday, I had such a hankering to go sledding! The weather was back to the 30s and we hadn't been outside in 5 days so we bought some sleds and went sledding. Walking up the hill tuckered us out, but we used the energy we had left to build a snowman when we came home. Isaac came up with the mask idea!





  



I love my new phone and taking selfies with the new camera! LOL






We celebrated Maxwell's 8th birthday last night. These kids are growing too fast! 

Overheard at our house:
  • Isaac read aloud the last few pages of Harry Potter to give me a break. Van said, "Dad, I like mom's voice better." Will agreed, "Ya, I don't like the way you did Dumbledore's voice." I beamed with pride.
  • During our Come Follow Me discussion, we were talking about the farming metaphors in the Doctrine and Covenants like "the field is white, already to harvest" "Thrust in your sickle with all thy might and reap". Will said, "Mom that is a terrible metaphor. The grim reaper uses a scythe to reap souls." LOL

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bickmore Buzz June-October 24, 2021

William Steven Bickmore

4 months old