Bickmore Buzz Feb. 2, 2020

As I'm writing this I don't know if the Kansas City Chiefs have won the Super Bowl or not but I hope they win!! It's been so exciting around here. Yesterday I went into Walmart to buy a KC Chiefs shirt, but they were already sold out. The schools all had a spirit week: Mahomes Monday, Tyreek Tuesday, Winning Wednesday, Tropical Thursday, and Red Friday. We're going to the Guanella's for the Super Bowl. They just got a new projector and opened their home to whoever wants to watch it.

Hooray for February! This Tuesday marks the 10th anniversary of my dad's passing. Today in church, Van bore his testimony about the fact that when we die we will see each other again and one day be resurrected. It was very sweet and encouraged me to get up as well and bear my testimony. I shared that seeing my dad's passing was a very spiritual experience for me and one that has carried me through the ups and downs of my faith. I also shared that at my age, 38, my dad's life was completely different than mine. He was suffering from alcoholism and was, according to him, "on a path to nowhere." He enrolled himself in the AA program and began working toward a new path in life. At age 45, he was baptized and joined the church. I feel like because of his decision to do that, my own life is completely different than his was at this point in time and I'll always be grateful.

Here is what's new with us!

Isaac:
Isaac went to the MMEA conference a week ago. He spearheaded the recruiting booth and alumni dinner. Both went really well. He's enjoyed ministering to a blind man in our ward, James.

Lesley:
I'm getting over a cough. Thursday I came home from school because I couldn't stop coughing. Yesterday was a beautiful day, 50s. Today it's supposed to get up to 62. But then snowing again on Tuesday. That's Missouri for ya! I do love living here though. It's such a laid back atmosphere and so pretty with the wide open spaces.

William:
William got this cool book from Grandpa Steve called Maker Lab. He's working on some of the experiments in it like homemade speakers made out of cups. He got a new video game for the switch, "Lego Marvel Superheroes 2." He just made a podcast at school. Click here to listen! It's only 2 minutes! He gets to eat lunch with friends in the library every other day. Last week on one of the days they played Candyland. Ha!

Van:
Van is in the Center Stage production, "James and the Giant Peach Jr." My boss, Jennifer Renfrow, and owner of Center Stage, directs two children plays a year.  When Van auditioned, he wore his Spiderman costume and sang the Spiderman theme song. He added his own actions. I just love that Van wants to be Van and doesn't worry what others think.  Jennifer and the others were impressed at how un-nervous he was. Van will be in the ensemble in the play. Jennifer goes all out and does everything top notch. She's amazing! I'm really excited Van gets to have this opportunity. His rehearsals are Fridays and Saturdays. The actual performance will be the end of March.

Overheard at our house:

  • William:"I hope the Chiefs win because our class will have a party on Monday, but I also kind of want to see them lose so I can see how everyone reacts."
  • Van: "Mom, last night I had a dream that someone was recording me while I was pooping. I was so embarrassed so I draped a towel over my legs. Why did I have a dream about that?"
  • Van: "Mom, tell the truth. Are you Santa?" "Yes." "No, you can't be because remember when William emailed Santa on emailSanta.com and Santa said that he remembers seeing William as a baby and William was wide awake? So that means William has seen Santa." "Hmmmm" "And the handwriting on the notes looks way different than your handwriting." Shrug "So Santa has to be real."  "Ok"

Some of my preschoolers in their KC Chiefs gear!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bickmore Buzz June-October 24, 2021

William Steven Bickmore

4 months old