Happy Easter 2019!

Happy Easter Family!

We've had such a fun weekend. The boys and I had Friday off. We went on a long walk together, ate lunch and then they played at their friend's house for a bit. That night we went to the Knob Noster campground with those same friends (The Huff's) and had a cookout with s'mores. My friend that is also the assistant teacher at preschool was there too with her family so we all hung out together for awhile. Saturday morning, we went to an egg hunt at Marr Park. The boys each found 7 eggs. Later that day, we went to the Hoogestrat's, a family in our ward that fills 6,000 eggs and hides them all over their property. They also hide 16 golden eggs that have a number inside. That number will then be turned in for a gift card or cash prize. That way, the adults and youth can hunt too. WELL, I learned last year that they hide those golden eggs REALLY well so this year I came prepared with my grubby jeans and shoes. After searching a long time through the leaves with a stick, I found a golden egg!! I was hollering and running. I was sooo excited!! I won a gas card and free car wash! Will and Van found enough eggs to fill their giant buckets and William won an art set! After the egg hunt we decided to have a family movie night. We watched "Evan Almighty".

This morning the boys found all the eggs that the Easter bunny hid in the kitchen and living room. There were coins and marshmallows in them. Then we went to church and this afternoon the boys made a stop motion movie with their Legos. Isaac and I were so pleased that they were working together and being kind. After Will would position the legos, he'd scoot back and say "Beep". That was Van's signal to take the picture. I'll have to send the movie to everyone. They spent an hour or more making it. Then we went on a bike ride and biked the trails in Marr Park. For dinner, we had fish and falafel with rice and fresh veggies. It's been an epic Easter weekend!

Making the stop motion movie

Van said "Mom! I'm holding twenty eggs! Some of them are in my pockets."

Other fun things that happened this week:
We went to the Freese's farm on Monday to see the baby calf and baby chicks. They have this giant pile of hay in their garage with the swing set. I was impressed that Will climbed up there--he usually gets weak knees when he's up high! 


Isaac participated in the Warrensburg Middle School STEAM night. There were tons of interactive displays including his interactive dance floor using Makey Makeys. 


Isaac was nominated for the positive impact he's making at UCM! Yay!

This week I have a follow up appointment for my thyroid. When I went in for a strep and flu test two weeks ago, the doctor ordered an ultra sound because she felt a lump. Sure enough, it was a nodule on my thyroid.  My blood work results confirmed that I have Hashimoto's thyroiditis which is an autoimmune disease.  This week I'll go in for a nuclear uptake scan so they can see how my thyroid is functioning. I read that a gluten free diet helps with the  symptoms of Hashimoto's  so I've been trying that this week. After two weeks, I'll eat a piece of bread and see how I feel. 

Overheard at our house:
Van: "Mom, how old would Jesus be if he was still alive?" Me: "Like 2,050 years old or something." Van opened his eyes wide and then said, "So, he would be in a wheelchair."

We've been working on using kinder language in our house and coming up with ways to compromise rather than forcing each other to do something. This has been an ongoing thing this weekend since I woke up on Saturday to "Van! Get away from me you butt crack!" and then a slap sound followed with Van yelling "Ow! Don't pinch my nipple William!" That's why Isaac and I were so relieved to see them getting along this afternoon with the movie project. I'll let you know how our efforts go this week!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bickmore Buzz June-October 24, 2021

William Steven Bickmore

4 months old