Bickmore Buzz Feb. 25, 2018
Hi family!
How was your February? Ours was busy! I was sustained in church last week as Primary President, I have two job interviews this coming week, and I hosted book club Friday night so I feel like everything is kind of happening at once. Plus, I'm in charge of the classroom supply drive for the teachers in March and that has been way more time consuming than I thought. I'll be glad when it's over!Isaac won a cooking contest last night! His colleagues planned a dinner party based on the Food Network show "Chopped." They delivered ingredients to our house and we had to make up a dish with it. They brought us pork chops, apple cider vinegar, porcini mushrooms, Himalayan salt, and pistachios. Isaac found this awesome Rachael Ray recipe. One of the judges that our friends asked to come judge is a chef at Powell Gardens and he told Isaac it was the best pork chop he's ever had. I haven't had meat in 4 months, but I ended up eating a bite of Isaac's pork chop and it was soooo tasty!! I love Isaac's colleagues. They're so much fun to hang out with.
Will and Van are growing up so fast! We're excited for warmer weather when we can get out of the house with just a light jacket and go bike riding.
Overheard at our house:
Van: "I wonder what it would be like to have two heads."
Van:"Mom, do you want to know why I made my bed this morning? Because on the back of a milk it said 'It's a nice moooooove to make your bed every morning.'"
Will loves to debate with his friends at school about which video games are more popular. It blows his mind when his friends disagree that Mario Brothers is the most popular game. He said, "Mom, Colin thinks that only 30 people in the world play Mario. Can you believe that?"
| We had an ice storm last week. The ice on everything looked so pretty! |
| Here's the cooking winners! Alex won best appetizer and Isaac won best entree. The awards were a regift from an estate sale. Haha! |
| I heart attacked the pantry door for Valentine's Day. I figured that's where the kids would see it! |
| Silly selfie! |

Comments