Bickmore Buzz Nov. 13, 2016

Hi Family!
What a week! Let’s just get down to the nitty gritty—what we’ve been up to and….. the election. Sorry, but I can't neglect this piece since this was a major part of our week. I really wanted Hillary to win. I thought she had it in the bag with the popular vote AND Electoral College votes.  I am shocked that Donald Trump is our president elect.  William was really upset on Wednesday morning when I told him that Donald Trump won.  I then showed him the video that President Obama made the night of the election. I loved his message…that the sun will rise in the morning and that we can all work on being better.  It was such an optimistic message and it was something I needed to hear.  Being in a democracy can be painful, but boy am I glad to live in America where we can elect leaders every 2 to 4 years and not be stuck with someone for a lifetime (unless Orrin Hatch is your rep).  I’m so grateful I live in a nation where I am free to worship how I may and that I can voice my opinion. I’ve had so much opportunity in my life.  So, no matter how disappointed I feel about the outcome of this election, I have felt a stronger resolve to reach out to my neighbors and community and SPREAD THE LOVE because that is WHAT COUNTS. God bless America! 

On Friday there was no school for Veterans Day so we drove to Parker to see Scott and Karla.  I love going to visit them. Their house is so cozy and comfortable.  The funniest thing happened to us. We arrived late Thursday night and discovered that we left our suitcase at home! Scott said, “Good thing you’re only staying for one night!” Karla was sweet to lend me a shirt and some toiletries. Luckily the boys had their stuff. We had a good time spending the day together and like always, had a hard time saying goodbye. 

Last night we invited some friends over for a Mary Poppins sing along. We watched the movie and when the songs came on, we (primarily me and Isaac) sang the songs.  I really need to buy that movie. It’s so great. 

Today, Isaac spoke in church on the Atonement. It was a wonderful talk. I love our ward.  I always feel so uplifted each Sunday. The spirit is so strong. I don’t know what I would do if I didn’t have that to start my weeks. After church, Dave Bisson came over for dinner with his friend Elisa. It was really great to see Dave. Isaac and Dave have been friends forever and it was good to catch up. After dinner, we went to Elisa's house and relaxed in her hot tub.  A fun time was had by all. 


Here is Van with his friend Bentley at her Chuck E. Cheese birthday party.

I fed the sister missionaries on Election Night. The tall one in the back is Sister Mansell. I discovered that she is the niece of my brother's best friend from high school. What a small world! I wore my blue dress in honor of Hillary, hoping it would send good vibes. Sister Jun loves video games and told Van that she'll play him in Super Smash Bros next summer when she'll be back home in Orem. He loved that idea! William went to Cub Scouts for his second time. He really likes it so far.

Van lost another tooth on the bottom! He ran up to me with a bloody mouth saying, "I lost my tooth and I can't find it!" We never did find it. The tooth fairy almost forgot about him, but Dad saved the day.

We went to the river and watched Spencer swim to the ball. 

Me and my bro Scott

Me and Karla

Van and I wanted to wade too. Van ended up dunking his head all the way under. 

When the boys were saying goodbye, Van went to give Karla a high five and gently hit her hand. Karla said, "Thank you for being soft." Van looked at me and matter of factly said, "I better not do it hard because they're old." Ha haha! Then Van went over to Scott and said, "Cause you're a grandpa."

The boys with cute Spencer. They are so good with him. We should get a dog.

Dave and Isaac at the pool tonight.
Earlier Dave and William were talking about video games like Super Smash Bros and Minecraft. After they talked for awhile, Dave said, "We should play some video games." William looked up at Dave as if Dave had just invited him to do something wrong and said very worriedly, "Do you think we should?" Dave laughed and looked at Isaac. Isaac laughed and said, "Sure."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bickmore Buzz June-October 24, 2021

William Steven Bickmore

4 months old