Bickmore Buzz April 17, 2016
Hi Family!
We had a great week! Isaac and I have been aiming to work out every day. Isaac achieved his goal and exercised everyday this week! I exercised 4 days. Woo hoo! Isaac wants to shed some pounds. I want to feel better and I've already noticed a difference. Yesterday we went to Target and FINALLY bought me a bike and also bought a bigger bike for William. Isaac has been trying to get me to buy a bike ever since we moved here. I guess now that both boys can ride without training wheels, it felt like great timing to all ride bikes together. We rode our bikes yesterday to William's friend, Isaac's house. When Isaac announced, "Ya Family Bike Ride!" Van chimed in with a yell, "Boo ya! Family Bike Ride! Woooooo! This is awesome!" At one point in the ride, it was just William and I riding side by side together. He said, "I love you, Mom." He's such a sweet son! I love my boys.
On Wednesday, Isaac and I went to the Mesa Temple. It felt good to be there. Our neighbors, the Wearne's watched the boys.
The weather has been perfect! We've been taking advantage of it by going to the park, playing frisbee, and riding bikes.
Friday night, we did a date night with our kids. Isaac and Van played with Van's new toy he earned from his St. Jude's donation points. William and I played Super Mario 3 for our date. After the boys went to bed, Isaac and I watched "Concussion". What a compelling movie! Everyone should see it.
Tonight we went to my colleague's 50th surprise birthday party. Her name is Kathy Hawkins. She is the instructional aide in my classroom. It was nice to eat yummy food and mingle with some of the Carminati Staff. It took away our Sunday blues!
Overheard at our house:
- Van likes to take a shower in our bathroom. He calls it the robot shower because of the detachable shower head.
- This morning, Van left a note under our door with "PECCARY" written on it. I asked him why he wrote that and he showed me the animal flashcard that he used with a peccary on it. Then he added, "I didn't want to wake you up, so I put it under the door."
- Van asked me yesterday, "How many sounds can you make with your mouth without talking?" We each came up with 5 different sounds.
- Yesterday on the bike ride, William was so excited and called to me, "Mom! I stood up a little on my bike!" He is a cautious boy, so this was a very big step for him!
- William loves Isaac's jokes. Today, Van was having trouble buckling his seatbelt. William was trying to help him. Isaac, with impatience, noted, "It's like two monkeys trying to launch a rocket." William was practically in tears laughing at the thought of two monkeys trying to launch a rocket. Half an hour later, William was laughing. Isaac asked, "Why are you laughing?" William said, "It's just those two monkeys!"
![]() |
| This is Van at Miss Kathy's birthday party |
![]() |
| Van won a T-shirt, a teddy bear, and an inflatable toy for his St. Jude donations. Thank you to all the grandparents and aunts who donated! |
![]() |
| William, getting ready to catch the frisbee. |
![]() |
| Van, getting ready to launch the frisbee. |
![]() |
| This was taken over a month ago when we celebrated Dr. Seuss's birthday. |






Comments