End of the school year

 I had a great school year.  My class was brilliant and even though there were some bumps in the road, it felt manageable and that is a great feeling when your husband is getting a PhD, you teach kids all day long and still have to keep up with your own kids at home, and serve in a leadership role at church (I was released two weeks ago so that's one less thing to worry about!). Sometimes I wonder how I do it. Especially now that I am on summer break and I don't have to follow the rigid schedule we endure the rest of the year.    

Right before the last week of school, Walker came to visit. He got to see Will's kindergarten performance. He also agreed to come to my classroom to teach Chinese. It was amazing and he has an incredible talent speaking and writing in Chinese. 
Here is Walker teaching my students how to write Chinese characters.



William is sitting on the top row. The theme of the Kindergarten program was "Carminati Calendar Kids". They went through each month of the year and sang a song. February was "LOVE", April was "Umbrella" by Rhianna. June was "In Summer" by Olaf, July was "Firework" by Katy Perry. August was the school song, October was "Thriller" by Michael Jackson, November was the "Turkey Tango" and December was the Nutcracker with paper plate instruments. The kids sang their hearts out. Each number had choreography. I was very impressed with how much they learned to prepare for this night.

All the boys did the Thriller dance

The kids got a flower for doing such a great job!


Ms. Weinrich, the prettiest teacher. I loved getting to know her and working with her this year. It was her first year of teaching and she did a fantastic job.

William's Flat Me project on display. He went to his Davies cousins in Scotland!

This year Isaac went to a conference during the last week of school. Note: never let that happen again. Too stressful. I attended Will's award assembly and Van's performance. Will stood still like a soldier when he received his medal. What a stud!

Hooray for my future first graders!!

The bottom one says, "This summer I'm going to...'go to Fry's'".  Van sure has some exciting plans this summer! This was an excerpt from his poster they displayed at the program.

All the cute McClintock preschoolers. Van calls his school "Wintock". He says he is going to marry Katoowah (Keturah). He loves show and share days on Wednesday and never ever cries when I drop him off. He has one more year of preschool before Kindergarten!

Van held up his certificate in the middle of the program and yelled, "Mom! See this?!" I laughed because he interrupted with such a loud voice and was holding his certificate upside down.

The last week of school was spirit week. Wednesday was crazy hair day. I did my hair in super messy buns and stuck pencils in my hair. I put Will's hair in a mohawk. Thursday was super hero day. We had fun being Super Will and Batwoman! I also participated in the teachers vs. 5th graders kickball game. The teachers kicked butt! I was laughing and cheering the whole time. I thought, "I need to play kickball more often!"

The last day of school was Future Career Day. Will wants to be a scientist. He told me he needs to do more math if he wants to do science. I agreed. He also said he wants to do more science at home. So, we've watched a few Bill Nye episodes and tried some of the experiments. We found a Volcano Kit at Michael's that we still need to build.

My cute students (some of them are missing) that I spent many, many hours with this year. They certainly grew on me and it was hard to say goodbye. Only for a second though. :) . I'm excited to see them next year as big second graders!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bickmore Buzz June-October 24, 2021

William Steven Bickmore

4 months old