Our big trip this summer

 We had so much fun being with our family and loved ones this summer. We even got to see the Davies from Scotland!! It is so hard living away from family so being able to spend 3 weeks in Utah was heaven!
The trip started in LA California where Isaac presented at a conference. We stayed with aunt Tina and Uncle Jim in Glendora. Caroline came up and stayed with us too. One day we met up with Alex and Nixon at Seal Beach. It was the perfect beach for families! 



After LA we drove to St. George and spent the night with Grandma and grandpa Bickmore. That is always a treat. Then we drove to SLC, stopped at Lana's for an hour, and drove to Doug's cabin. What a trip!
Linda wanted me to paint the step by the hippie bus since I sprained my ankle last year coming off the bus and there was nothing to step on. I named it "Lesley's misstep". Van wanted to help and sign his name too. 

We got to spend a lot of time with The Lewis's in the beginning. We did a water party for the kids with water balloons and a slip n slide.

Having fun at the West Jordan park and library. Will is wearing his skeleton jacket at Aunt Sara's movie party--a fundraiser to raise money for their trip to India to help people suffering from leprosy.

The best part of the trip was spending a weekend in Park City with my best friends. Park City is beautiful. I took those Wasatch mountains for granted when I lived in Utah. Now I wish I could see them everyday.

Once Amelia and her kids arrived , we headed to the Orme cabin in Island Park.
It was so much fun having all the cousins together!! Miriam, Evie, and Eli are so cute with their Scottish accents. One night the girls treated us to a beautiful duet Loch Lomond. It made me teary eyed because they are so sweet and I wish we could see them more. 
While at the cabin, we went to Yellowstone and Hebdon Lake. After living in the desert for the past year, I really appreciated being close to mountains and forests. I miss that kind of scenery.

Back at home with my cute nieces and nephews!


One Monday night we had family home evening with the Lewis's. I really hope Sadie and Van get married! Will misses Garrett and Deacon. You can tell how much fun he has with them.


Cutest grand kids ever! Angie took these at Murray Park. Afterward, Grandma bought donuts. I had my favorite-- cake donut with white icing and peanuts. Yum!


When Amelia suggested touring Westminster campus I said "yes! Let's do it!" Lana and Trish came too. I had so much fun reminiscing my freshman year of college. Hogle Hall room 218 is where our dorm was. I met Isaac, Trish, and Natalie my freshman year. My mom and I went to the ward building where I had so many spiritual experiences that built the foundation of my testimony. I have nothing but positive memories of my college years. I am so grateful for that experience.

Hiking donut Falls was awesome! It was my first time climbing to the actual donut. Sophie was so encouraging.. I couldn't have done it without her! Once we made it, I felt so proud of William and myself for taking the risk and succeeding! 


One of our last mornings we went to Hollywood Connection. The kids liked the rides and arcades. 
I miss my family so much! Being together for 3 weeks was wonderful. I was relieved to come home to my own bed and be on a normal routine again. I'm glad we live close enough to visit Utah twice a year and that our schedule allows us to stay for a few weeks. Can't wait for Christmas!

Comments

Amelia said…
Oh this made me tear up. I miss you guys tons.

Popular posts from this blog

Bickmore Buzz June-October 24, 2021

William Steven Bickmore

4 months old