Keeping it Real



We just finished our third week of school. By "we" I mean me and the boys. Isaac started school yesterday. The past three weeks have been filled with good and bad days. Mostly good. I have to put a LOT more time into this job than I ever have before in my teaching career. Taking care of myself can be a struggle amid everything else on my plate. However, I am doing my best and that's all that matters. 

I have much to be grateful for, like:
An awesome class. It's small-21 students- and they are so bright and lovable.
I work 5 min from home. 
I have the most supportive husband. Isaac is so good to take care of things when I am bogged down with teaching stuff.
William attends my school where I teach. It has been so fun seeing him and hearing all the funny things he does from the classroom aide, Miss Kathy, who is also my aide.
A job! William's teacher is from Pennsylvania but the only job offer she got was the one in Tempe. I realized the fact that I have a full time teaching job so close to home is a huge blessing and dream come true.
Van the man-- Van reminds me that being away from home in school all day can do wonders for a kid. He loves preschool and it helps take away the guilt of not being the one taking care of him during the day. He also tells me that I'm the best which gives me an added measure of confidence. 

Taking a moment to remember my blessings lifts my soul. An attitude of gratitude truly keeps things in a healthy perspective and I have to remember that. 

I love President Uchtdorf's talk on gratitude last spring. Here is a great thought,
"How blessed we are if we recognize God’s handiwork in the marvelous tapestry of life. Gratitude to our Father in Heaven broadens our perception and clears our vision. It inspires humility and fosters empathy toward our fellowmen and all of God’s creation. Gratitude is a catalyst to all Christlike attributes! A thankful heart is the parent of all virtues."
Grateful in Any Circumstances
http://www.lds.org/general-conference/2014/04/grateful-in-any-circumstances?lang=eng

Comments

Lisa B. said…
Gratitude is key, isn't it? I think a lot--among so many other things--about how grateful I am to have a job I like and am good at, and that has helped to keep us going, helped to help our kids. It's so great, too, that the boys are enjoying their respective learning environments. That IS the best.

Popular posts from this blog

Bickmore Buzz June-October 24, 2021

William Steven Bickmore

4 months old