Skidamarink
My second year or third year of teaching, I remember one of my students commenting that her Kindergarten teacher sang "Skidamarink" at the end of the school day. I honestly did not know what song she was talking about, so she sang it for me and taught me the actions. Our class started singing it every day before the bell would ring and the kids would go home. It was the perfect way to end the day because everyone left with a smile and a happy feeling in their hearts.
About six months ago, I found this book in my teaching stuff and pulled it out. I read/sang it to the boys and taught them the actions. Since then, we sing it every night after we read the scriptures and say prayers. Again, the perfect way to end the day. The boys go to bed feeling happy, and I am happy watching their cute faces light up as we sing the song. Sometimes we do the actions. Another variation is the boys sit in our laps, face each other, hold hands and we rock back and forth.
Van is our little reminder, saying "Sing Stink Stink" after we say the prayer.
Skidamarink a dink a dink
Skidamarink a doo
I love you
Skidamarink a dink a dink
Skidamarink a doo
I love you
I love you in the morning
And in the afternoon
I love you in the evening
And underneath the moon
Oh, Skidamarink a dink a dink
Skidamarink a doo
I love you
I. love. you!
Comments
I would love to see these actions in action! :)
and i like the idea about using it the classroom. very clever.