I wish?


Will is growing up! I find myself wishing lately that he would do more things independently like using the big boy potty so I don't have to change poopy diapers. Yuck! I wish he could just climb into his car seat so I don't have to lift him into it every time. Stuff like that. Then today I was thinking about the future and thought "I'll probably be wishing Will was a little boy again when he was dependent on his mommy for things." I remind myself that even though this is a tough stage of motherhood--two kids dependent on ME the mom--it's also a sweet time because Will won't always say "Mommy hold you" with his arms open wide or "You wipe my nose?" in the middle of a tantrum. So instead of feeling this urge to make him grow up too fast, I'm going to enjoy the journey as my toddler becomes a preschooler.

Comments

DiaNe said…
I can't get over how cute your kids are!
Lisa B. said…
Good girl--it's a challenging time, as you say, but these challenges will pass so soon. I need to see you guys! I love and miss you.

Popular posts from this blog

Bickmore Buzz June-October 24, 2021

William Steven Bickmore

4 months old