St. Francisville

Day 4 of our trip: St. Francesville

When Isaac and I asked the passengers on our flight to Baton Rouge what we should see, the one thing everyone got excited about was St. Francisville. It's the second oldest city in Louisiana and has a few plantations to tour. We toured the Cottonwood Plantation first. The tour was okay. We got to see a lot of original furniture. The second plantation was the Myrtle Plantation. It's haunted by a slave named Chloe. Unfortunately I didn't see her ghost like I was hoping.

Outside the Myrtle Home. Check out the swamp behind us!

Since we've been home Will loves "Froggies!"

Three generations!

Waiting on the porch for the tour to begin.

If you take a picture of this mirror, you might see a ghost. Liars.

The Myrtle Home.

After the tours we checked out other parts of the city and ate some heavenly chocolate. One of my favorite things about the south is how friendly people are. Strangers were always saying "hello!" or striking up a conversation. I loved it!

Comments

Lisa B. said…
I am loving seeing your pictures of LA. I've traveled through there (when I was a kid, on my way to Georgia and back) but have almost no memories of it. Thanks for sharing!
Walker Bickmore said…
I will trade you my first three babies for William straight up, don't think about it too long.
ABick said…
this looks beautiful! i didn't see this part! gorgeous!
Sophia said…
Every part of your trip loos so fun! I knew you guys would have a fine time. And tell Will to stop growing.

Popular posts from this blog

Bickmore Buzz June-October 24, 2021

William Steven Bickmore

4 months old