New Orleans

Day 3 of our trip: NEW ORLEANS

Tuesday we went to visit New Orleans. We saw the 9th ward where Katrina hit hardest. It's so bare now. They've demolished most of the homes and discarded the debris. The homes that were left have been remodeled and look really nice. It's devastating to think that people have had to relocate and leave behind all their memories and friends. When we drove past the Superdome I thought about how crowded it must have been with the hurricane victims and the hopelessness they felt. I just hope I'm never in a natural disaster!

Later we walked through the French quarter. It was very European-like with the architecture and the shops on ground level and apartments above. I found some sunglasses for five bucks in the french market and devoured my beignets. YUM!
Will and dad dancing to the music
A fun band playing outside of the cafe
Finishing our lunch: alligator nuggets and red beans and rice. Tasty!

A courtyard that reminded me so much of the courtyards and alleyways in Italy!
Before we headed home we drove through the Garden District. I'm sad I didn't get pictures of the homes. They were beautiful and it was a lovely part of New Orleans.

Comments

Amelia said…
Will is looking so big!
jessandbryce said…
thats so cool that you guys got to go there. it looks awesome!

Popular posts from this blog

Bickmore Buzz June-October 24, 2021

William Steven Bickmore

4 months old