Perfect Fall Present
Anyone that knows me knows that I am not very crafty. I lack vision, motivation, and materials. Lately my goal has been to tap into my creative side and make some fun things. The perfect gift for fall is a fleece blanket. Hancock fabric is selling their fleece 50% off the regular price right now so I went yesterday, bought a yard and 3/4 of fleece, came home, borrowed sewing scissors from my dear friend Lindsay, and had a cute blanket about an hour and a half later! Something that helped keep the strips even was folding up the edges about an inch and half up, taping it, and then cutting. Once you tie the strips, roll it up, wrap a ribbon around it and you have the perfect gift! I was excited that I successfully made something with fabric. Next I'll have to attempt something using a sewing machine. Scary!
Comments